Puerto Rico Medical Defense Insurance Company’s Website Privacy Notice
This privacy notice applies to the information that the Puerto Rico Medical Defense Insurance Company (PRMD) collects from the users of this website. It sets forth the minimal information that PRMD collects, when, and how it might use that information, how it protects it, and the choices that you have.
What information does our website collect, and how is it used?
PRMD collects information about its website users directly from the user. We do not share any of the information you provide with others, unless we say so here, or when in good faith required by the law.
User-supplied information: If you fill out the “contact” form on this website, the website will ask you to provide some personal information (email address, name, and phone number). PRMD also offers its clients the benefit of filing a claim through its website, which, in addition to the information requested by the “contact” form, requests the client’s policy number.
The information that you provide through the contact form will be used to respond to your inquiry. Information related to online policy claims will be stored and archived in accordance with the requirements set forth by the Puerto Rico Office of the Commissioner of Insurance.
- Please do not submit any confidential or personally identifiable information (Social Security Number, date of birth, driver’s license number, or any financial information). If you do submit any such information, you do so at your own risk, and PRMD will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
- As an exception to his rule, however, PRMD’s website provides an additional but optional contact form to collect the sensitive and confidential information (mainly, Social Security Number) mandated by Puerto Rico Act 60 of 2019, which requires that PRMD report to the Puerto Rico Treasury Department the payment of insurance premiums.
Third-party Services: PRMD may use services hosted by third parties, mainly Google Analytics, to assist in understanding the use of our site by our visitors. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a webpage request, including your IP address. If these third-party services collect information, they do so anonymously and in the aggregate to provide information helpful to us such as website trends, without identifying individual visitors.
Do Not Track (DNT): PRMD does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. But, as explained above, some third-party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. If you are visiting such sites, your internet browser should allow you to set the DNT signal on your browser so that third parties (particularly advertisers) know you do not want to be tracked.
How is YOUR personal information protected?
PRMD has rigorous measures and policies to protect your personal information from accidental loss, unauthorized access, or use.
Who CAN ACCESS the information?
PRMD will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, website vendors, or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us;
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets.
How can YOU correct, amend or delete YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Contact us via the phone number, contact form or mailing address on our website at any time to:
- see what data PRMD has about you, if any;
- change or correct any data we have about you; or
- ask us to delete any data we have about you.
And if you have any additional questions or concerns about this privacy notice, please contact PRMD’s Privacy and Security Officer at email@example.com
- If our practices change in a material way, PRMD will post the policy changes here.
Effective August 30, 2020